Pilot Gold conducted a maiden, 18-hole, 2,700 metre reverse circulation drill program at Goldstrike in late 2015. The maiden drill program intersected gold mineralization in all areas tested over a 5 km-long corridor, indicating that gold is widespread, predictable and relatively structurally simple.
Highlights from the 2015 drill program include:
- 39.6 m grading 1.01 grams per tonne gold (g/t Au) in PGS003
- 41.1 m grading 0.84 g/t Au in PGS004, including 29.0 m grading 1.08 g/t Au
- 22.9 m grading 1.68 g/t Au in PGS008, including 12.2 m grading 2.67 g/t Au
- 36.6 m grading 1.06 g/t Au in PGS010, including 13.7 m grading 1.89 g/t Au
- 18.3 m grading 2.72 g/t Au in PGS012, including 10.7 m grading 4.32 g/t
- 71.6 m grading 0.48 g/t Au in PGS013
- 27.4 m grading 0.66 g/t Au in PGS016
Pilot Gold commenced an infill and step-out drill program on the 7 km long ‘Historic Mine Trend’ in March 2016. The objective of the reverse circulation (163 holes) and core (10 holes) program was to target unmined and/or undrilled areas between and around the historic pits. The program also drill tested down-dip to the north of, and laterally beyond the ‘Historic Mine Trend’ into areas where gold has been confirmed but not systematically drilled off. The ten core holes were used to provide sample material for metallurgical studies (including column testing) and provide samples for density measurements, which are needed for accurate resource estimation.
Final metallurgical results are expected in Q1 2017 and the initial resource estimate is expected in Q2 2017.
Highlights from the 2016 drill program include:
- 35.1 m grading 2.10 g/t Au, including 13.7 m grading 4.42 g/t Au in PGS019
- 30.5 m grading 1.07 g/t Au in PGS020
- 27.4 m grading 1.56 g/t Au, including 19.8 m grading 1.98 g/t Au in PGS025
- 57.9 m grading 1.19 g/t Au, including 30.5 m grading 1.65 g/t Au in PGS026
- 47.2 m grading 1.14 g/t Au in PGS027
- 24.4 m grading 1.05 g/t Au, including 10.7 m grading 1.68 g/t Au in PGS035
- 30.5 m grading 1.85 g/t Au, including 18.3 m grading 2.63 g/t Au in PGS041C – core hole
- 47.2 m grading 1.06 g/t Au in PGS044C – core hole
- 38.1 m grading 3.28 g/t Au, including 22.9 m grading 4.92 g/t Au in PGS048
- 41.1 m grading 2.64 g/t Au, including 32.0 m grading 3.22 g/t Au in PGS051C– core hole
- 58.8 m grading 2.24 g/t Au, including 36.2 m grading 2.77 g/t Au in PGS054C – core hole
- 76.2 m grading 0.96 g/t Au, including 19.8 m grading 1.98 g/t Au in PGS058
- 45.7 m grading 1.08 g/t Au in PGS097
- 67.1 m grading 0.86 g/t Au in PGS104
- 22.9 m grading 1.20 g/t Au, including 6.1 m grading 2.48 g/t Au in PGS117
- 21.3 m grading 0.82 g/t Au in PGS135
- 29.0 m grading 1.75 g/t Au in PGS179
- 22.9 m grading 0.86 g/t Au in PGS188
For a complete table of results for all drilling by Pilot Gold at Goldstrike in 2015 and 2016, please click here: http://www.pilotgold.com/images/GS_Intercepts2015to02082017.pdf
There are currently two drills operating on the project. Initially, the drills will focus on the Peg Leg, Warrior and Dip Slope targets in order to include these areas in a resource estimate, project for completion in Q2 2017.